Question: Why do you need a dog bite expert when your state has a strict liability statute?
Answer: When the defense does not accept full liability for your clients injuries.
A dog bite expert can support your case by:
- Letting the defense know you are serious.
- Evaluating the dog and owner and videotaping the evaluation. Many jurors feel that the evaluation video is the most powerful evidence they examine.
- Wound Evaluation - direct evidence of the seriousness of the attack and the dogs intention to do harm.
- Providing testimony on important areas such as:
- Landlord knowledge of dangerous propensity
- Dogs prior behavioral history
- Owner negligence
- Proper containment of the dog
- Proper handling of the dog
- Dynamics of the attack
- Assisting in areas of litigation such as:
- Preparing in-depth deposition questions
- Securing evidence
- Impeachment of opposing expert
- Neutralizing false claims made by opposing council
- Interviews, investigation, inspection
- Revealing weaknesses in opposing councils arguments
33 years direct hands on experience as a canine behavioral consultant and trainer
Tel: 310-376-0620 Fax: 310-545-0300
- Diplomate of the American Board of Forensic Examiners
- Licensed Animal Evaluator
- Approved Evaluator for the AKC Canine Good Citizen Program
- Has given testimony over 200 times nationwide